10/15/2009

Guardian Article: Invading The BNP

This is an article I wrote for the Guardian following a stunt alongside Ctrl.Alt.Shift and Don't Panic - as a crew of us non-white British citizens rolled down to East London to try and attend a BNP meeting; in a mission to test their non-white policy, just a week before Nick Griffin's now infamous appearance on BBC's Question Time. We were literally booted off the premises without proper reason. All coverage can be viewed below. I'd like to send Mr Griffin a massive hug in the post and promise him he can't catch anything from the colour of my skin... :

Manhandled out of a BNP meeting
If Nick Griffin thinks his party is misunderstood, perhaps he should tell the cronies who shoved me out of a pub...

So, 8 million viewers tuned in to witness a trembling fascist man child get browbeaten by political hotshots. Wasn't Question Time epic? Not really.

Those who know a little about the British National party (BNP) learned a little more. I, however, am still wondering why I can't join the BNP. After all, they now have to allow non-whites into the party following a ruling by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.













As a Mauritian British citizen who wants to see a better UK, I thought Griffin's contingent would welcome me with open arms when I tried to join the party last week – instead I (literally) got shoved out the door.

In a nutshell, it's fair to summarise that BNP supporters at the Eastbrook pub in Dagenham on the 15 October seemed outraged that 10 "ethnics" were seeking membership at their meeting. Not that we were surprised. In my job as deputy editor for Ctrl.Alt.Shift, a project designed to give a new generation the tools to fight global and social injustice, I've become accustomed to people in power saying one thing but meaning another...

Read the full article here

And below's the video footage:

1 comment:

  1. Seroquel is also used together with antidepressant medications to treat major depressive disorder in adults.

    ReplyDelete