9/15/2009

Jazmine Sullivan Interview - RWD Magazine

When you walk in and you hear "Argh, ok, let's get this last one out the way" - you know the interview's started on a rough one... Alright, I completely get the harassing media combined with repetitive questions can kill a soul - BUT C'MON, as is the nature and forgotten perks of the job (we're here to hear more about you and in turn widen YOUR fan base Ms Celebrity). This lil rant relates to my yawn-ful encounter with R&B singer Jazmine Sullivan. I love her voice... when she's singing. Read on for a taster of the RWD piece, and click here for the full interview and video:

RWD TV: Jazmine Sullivan
RWD TV catches up with the Lions, Tigers and Bears singer to find out who she rates in the UK, weird fans, performing at the Jazz Cafe and her fears...




How’s the music game treating you?
The music game is treating me well! So far I have no complaints – it’s definitely challenging and hard at times, but this is what I love to do, so I can’t really complain...

How was performing at Notting Hill Festival?
It was crazy! It was a lot of walking – no one told me before that YOU DON’T WEAR HEELS. It was a mistake! (laughs). No one told me – but it was a lot of fun, seeing everybody enjoying themselves.

Your album is called Fearless – are you?
Uhh…I’m scared of a lot of things. I’m scared of everything really...



Really?
Nah that’s a lie (laughs). I named it Fearless because in some ways, musically, I’m not afraid to try different things, and put myself out there in that way. But as far as my personal life, there are a lot of things that I’m scared of – like everybody else.

What are three core aspects that young, black, females need to make it big in the music industry?
Let me see... I think you should be unique, you should be passionate, and…hopefully you’re talented. You don’t really HAVE to be talented, I mean, being passionate will take you a long way – but yeah, those are my three...

Many thanks to RWD editor/legend Hattie Collins for the hook up - trust, I actually like Jazmine's album... guess I just caught her on an off-one!

No comments:

Post a Comment