9/10/2008

Abu Dhabi Show Man City How To Spend Billions - Ctrl.Alt.Shift

How would you spend £400 billion? (I would write all the zeros, but I get confused after a while... ). That is what the Abu Dhabi Group is worth, a GIANT organisation who just spent £150 million of their shrapnel on Premiership blues Manchester City - they could've gone for football's equivalent giants Man Utd, but hey, Sir Alex Ferguson, myself, and the rest of the Red Devil faithful fear nothing from our derby rivals... yet.



Getting back to the 'It's all about the benjamins' Abu Group, I set out with Ctrl.Alt.Shift to find out how much the public knew of this mammoth enterprise of wealth, and what they'd do if they had billions to burn. Here's the feedback:

Vox Pops: How To Spend Billions
Following the Abu Dhabi groups purchase of Manchester City for an estimated £150 million, their investment into London property hot-spots such as Berkely Square, and a planned £1 billion investment into Hollywood, we took to the streets to drop these figures on the good people.



First up we wanted to know if people realise how much the Abu Dhabi group are worth (£400 billion), what they would do with that money before reminding the masses that there's a flooding crisis in India. Considering a survival pack, containing enough essentials for these people to stay alive for a month, how they feel about excess fortunes such as this sitting in banks rather than being put to good causes.

Peter, 18, Walthamstow, London:
"Wow, I'd have guessed £4 billion. I didnt even know that amount of money existed! I would buy a house and a car and ensure I never had to do anything ever again. I'd also go on holiday for as long as I wanted. In light of what you've just told me about survival packs, I do think the richer segment of the world should be doing more to help those in need."

Abiola, 21, Hackney, London:
"I would have thought around £7 billion, I mean what do you need £400 billion for. I would put the money to good use, invest in medicine develop cures for illnesses and provide hospitals for disadvantaged countries, on top of that i would look into other charities for which my money would be of good use. After even your first billion you are going to have problems spending that much money, its just greedy!"

Read the full list of comments here

1 comment:

  1. The best part of buying property in Dubai is that people can easily obtain a property at a desirable location without even having to bother about any extra charges. Really great news.

    property shop real estate

    ReplyDelete