6/21/2009

Behind The Scenes @ Donaeo 'Let It Out' Shoot

It's not all seriousness in my world of journalism - sometimes you've got to improvise, have a laugh, enjoy the rolling punches and grasp the mad opportunities that may cross your path in the bustling city that is London town - let loose and 'Let It Out!' (as singer Donaeo finely puts it).

So, despite having limited musical skills (playing lead in a band as an emo-teen band doesn't count) and lacking on acting calibre (being called 'brittle' by my drama teacher in Year 8 stunted my dreams of ever becoming the UK's first Asian James Bond) - I headed down to the making of Donaeo's 'Let It Out' video in south London; after being abruptly summoned/invited by my Ctrl.Alt.Shift editor, desperately seeking a token Asian boy extra (thanks for thinking of me Chantelle Fiddy!). In all honestly, it was wicked day, I got a free lunch, an IOU from the boss, and all I had to do was release two balloons on camera...watch below - around 25 seconds in:



It was all good - and at least better than the girl who had to spit Tesco-value cherryade into the camera lens for her bit part. Other than that, I got to see the ins and outs of a video shoot (something off my list), bump shoulders with Donaeo himself, alongside rappers Wretch 22 and Double S, the always-inspirational actor Isaac Ssebandeke (and the rest of his crew from Channel 4's Dubplate Drama) - PLUS all the lovely female extras, who were thankfully just as lost as I was. A very random, but ultimately memorable stamp in my journalism chronicles. And who knows, there may be a 007 chapter on the horizon yet...

1 comment:

  1. Lipitor is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors.

    ReplyDelete