4/23/2009

ABC (Action For Brazil's Children's Trust) Exhibition - Ctrl.Alt.Shift

I'v been playing guitar since I was 13 - it's a hobby I thrive on, jamming along like an emo with my mates. Life doesn't get better than being a Hendrix wannabe... So it was quite the treat for me and Ctrl.Alt.Shift to be invited to this charity exhibition/auction in Shoreditch, London, set up by ABC (Action For Brazil's Children's Trust) to raise funds for the underprivileged children on the streets of Brazil. The main attraction was 12 customised guitars, each created by marvellous and eccentric artists from here, and Brazil. I'm ashamed to say, the temptation to snatch and run was ridiculous:

Ctrl.Alt.Shift @ A Forca De Gua Exhibition
Upon walking into London's theprintspace, my eyes lit up as I saw an array of spectacular customised guitars; each one graffed-up, funked-up, gleaming with sheer genius graffsmanship. As a guitar player, I felt to snatch and vanish ninja-style, until I remembered - these were up for auction, and all proceeds were going to the poorest children in Brazil. Bugger.



A Força da Rua (Force of the Street) exhibition, which opens to the public this week, had the slickest UK graffiti alongside the very best kept graffing secrets repping from the developing cities of Brazil - all set up and brought together by ABC (Action For Brazil's Children's Trust). The organisation, who support the AA Çianca children-aid project in the Sé region of Sao Paulo, created the event to raise funds and awareness of Brazil’s most vulnerable youngsters - of which there are over 12,000 (in Sao Paulo alone) roaming the streets without a home or family. Lucky for them the limited edition prints, special commissions and especially the 12 exclusive guitars on show (six by Brazilian graffers and six by Brits) had large packs of people hovering around, itching for their chequebooks. Unfortunately I don't own a chequebook and have just enough money in my wallet for a bus ride home...

Read the full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment